The Old Craig Farm House is ideal for families, couples or friends wanting a relaxed or adventurous holiday. It provides a traditional Scottish experience from its scenic surroundings to the quality of accommodation ensuring every single detail is considered to make the stay memorable.
The riches of the Aberdeenshire countryside have always drawn a significant number of tourists to the area. There are many walks, beaches or castles to visit also fishing, riding or shooting can be arranged.
We are in contact with the following groups and can arrange packages for:
- Golf courses including Meldrum House , Cruden Bay, Trump International and Royal Aberdeen.
- Restaurants such as Formartines, Meldrum House, the Aberdeen Arms, Eat on the Green and The Linsmore.
- Country estates including Haddo House and Fyvie with easy access to castles, distilleries, museums, a range of historical sites and the coast.
- Shooting and fishing there are a few local fisheries, Mill of Elrick, Ythan Valley, Haddo and Lochter
- Horse riding is available locally at several centres.
- There are many walks available locally, both mountainous and coastal as well as the rolling countryside. There is plenty of open farmland around Old Craig. Also less than half an hour away is Bennachie. For other mountain walks and outdoor activities, the lodge will only be an hour and a half drive away from Cairngorms National Park. For sandy beach walks, Balmedie Beach and Forvie Sands offer excellent seaside strolling and wildlife spotting.
- Lochter provides a variety of outdoor activity from go carting to fishing and is 5 miles away.
- Hoodles play barn provides activities for young children and again is only 5 miles away.
- Also shopping trips could be arranged to a variety of venues like Touch of Scotland, Morgan McVeighs, Baxter’s and Johnston’s of Elgin.